Achieve Your Goals by Hiring Professionals Outside Your Company
Read more informative articles on Keep The Fire Lit today!
Many entrepreneurs choose to hire independent professionals rather than full-time employees because the former provides several unique benefits to the business. This article from Keep The Fire Lit outlines some of these benefits and shares tips on hiring freelance sales and marketing professionals.
Why Hire Freelance Sales and Marketing Professionals?
Freelancers operate independently. They offer specific expertise, such as designing, writing, sales, and marketing. Freelancers take projects from different clients and set their own schedules. If you’re looking for sales and marketing professionals in Toronto, hiring them on a freelance basis offers several pros and cons.
According to Fora Financial, the pros of hiring freelance sales and marketing professionals include:
- Minimal commitment. Hiring freelancers lets you access sales and marketing expertise without having to commit to the professionals long-term, as you would with full-time staff.
- Flexible rates. You can agree on rates based on the specific projects or tasks the freelancers take on.
- Large talent pool. The freelance market provides you with a large pool of highly talented and motivated sales and marketing professionals that you can deploy almost immediately.
The downsides of hiring freelance professionals include:
- Limited control. Your oversight is limited because freelance professionals operate with significantly more autonomy than full-time employees.
- Limited scope. Buscom notes that a freelance workforce is relatively difficult to scale because expanding the scope of a freelancer’s work involves renegotiating your contract with them.
- Training and onboarding costs. Hiring freelance professionals often involves some up-front training and onboarding costs, which can add up if you frequently hire new freelancers.
Investing in certain off-the-shelf services can also help save your business time and money. For example, the right accounting software may offer all the benefits of an in-house accountant while saving you the cost of hiring one. Likewise, you can save money on the fees lawyers charge to incorporate a business by hiring a business formation service at a reduced rate.
Incorporating your business can help you save on taxes, limit your personal liability for business debts, and give you access to better ways of receiving payments from customers.
How to Hire Freelance Sales and Marketing Professionals
Freelancers vary widely in their expertise and rates. You want to hire freelance sales and marketing professionals who match your business’s needs and budget. Of course, you’ll need to be able to pay for your outsourcing needs, so seek out sources of funding. If you need to take out a loan, keep in mind that lenders will examine your finances closely, and if you have a young company, personal finances will be especially scrutinized. Among other criteria, lenders will consider your debt-to-income ratio to determine whether to issue a loan, so it’s good to know what yours is before approaching an institution.
There are different places to find talented freelancers.
- Search on Google for the websites of smart, organized freelancers.
- Hire sales and marketing professionals through LinkedIn after reviewing their profiles.
- Look for sales and marketing professionals on freelance marketplaces such as UpWork.com and Freelancer.com.
When looking for sales and marketing professionals, check for the following:
- Ability to maintain meaningful relationships with key customers
- Strong corporate communication skills
- Experience selling products similar to yours
- Proficiency in using digital tools for sales or marketing
- A good culture fit for your company
Additionally, check their stats and client referrals to make sure they have a strong history of excellent performance.
Hire the Best Talent
Freelance sales and marketing professionals can be a great addition to your workforce. With the right hiring strategy, you can find freelancers who meet or even exceed your expectations.
This article does not provide legal, financial or hiring advice. If you need advice, please consult a relevant professional in your jurisdiction.